Monday, March 17, 2008

Apple Dumplings



o. m. g. these were SO yummy, it's not even funny. Words do not even begin to describe how wonderful these are. My stepdad literally, not figuratively, licked the plate clean. The buttery, sugary, vanilla-y sauce mixed with the soft, flaky crescent rolls matched with them baking crusty and crunchy on top, but incredibly soft and dough-y on bottom, then with the tang of the granny smith apples... Sitting next to that was a nice big scoop of vanilla icecream covered with a little of the extra sauce... I literally almost died with the first bite. This is so good, it's just not even right.

So, go make it. NOW.

I actually took pictures this time, but I didn't get around to it until after everybody had plenty. The picture doesn't even begin to do them justice. If you want to see beautiful pictures of this heavenly confection, go scoot over to The Pioneer Cooks!
Apple Dumplings
2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew -I used half of a 20 oz bottle
Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
Thanks to pioneer woman! This recipe is amaaaaazing.

1 comments:

Wills Kitchen said...

Your apple dumplings look to die for I was wondering if you thought a can of sprite instead of the Mt. Due would work. (My name is Eugenia the better half of Will’s Kitchen we both cook but I handle the blog site for him. I see you are in B’ham I grew up in Huffman a long time ago but I loved living in Southside back in the 70’s. Most likely, before you were born. LOL.
Eugenia and Will.

 
template by suckmylolly.com