Monday, March 17, 2008

Citrus Chicken

oh. my god. This stuff was soooo good. We -being my stepdad, my mom, and myself- had a pretty rough weekend because we found out exactly how grave my stepgrandfather's condition is. It's not good, and my stepdad is VERY sad, and I love him very much so I wanted to make him feel better by putting something warm in his tummy. On top of those of us in my house feeling gloomy, Jason has had a horrible week or two with feeling pressure from school and wanting to find another job, so I knew it was time to fill the tummies of the men in my life up and do my best to help them feel better... even if it's only for a few hours.

For dinner I made Citrus chicken with parslied jasmine rice, and for dessert I made apple dumplings (in the post to follow). I got the dinner recipe from the swanson webpage, and the dessert recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks! Her blog is located in the links section on the right-hand side of the page.

In true form, I forgot to take pictures of dinner before we gobbled it up. Honestly, I care more about giving everybody their food than taking tons of great pictures.

From: Campbell's Kitchen
Prep: 5 minutesCook: 35 minutes
Serves: 4
Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Orange slices

Directions:
Cook chicken in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 10 min. or until browned. Set chicken aside.
Add broth, orange juice, onion and rice. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 min.
Return chicken to skillet. Cover and cook 10 min. or until chicken and rice are done. Stir in parsley.
For a special touch, sauté orange slices in a hot non-stick skillet until lightly browned. Serve over chicken.

Nutrition Information
Calories 341, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 474mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 31g, Vitamin A 6%DV, Vitamin C 31%DV, Calcium 4%DV, Iron 18%DVSwanson® Natural Goodness™ Chicken Broth Calories 343, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 309mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 32g, Vitamin A 6%DV, Vitamin C 31%DV, Calcium 4%DV, Iron 18%DV

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com